Duran Duran are set to return to the stage with a number of tour dates set for May this year. The British band have revealed 11 dates where they will be performing across the UK. It’s the bands first tour of their homeland in a few years and looks to be a sellout. Fan club pre-sales begin later this week via the bands site.
The band featuring Simon le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor and drummer Roger Taylor will begin their worldwide tour with a handful of special performances in the USA including the The VH1 Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam on February 3rd, in Grand Prairie, TX and the famous Southern California Coachella festival on April 17, 2011.
Duran Durans new album is called All You Need Is Now (produced by Mark Ronson) and is available now on iTunes. An extended edition physical CD is expected in March 2011. The 80’s hitmakers still have a massive fan base and have remained popular through the decades with great albums like the Wedding Album in the mid 90’s with the massive hit Ordinary World and more recently with the Astronaut album. Their new album All You Need Is Now looks destined to be another of their smash successes craftily blending sounds that could easily have come from their early hit album Rio while incorporating a modern twist to the music.
The full dates are as follows:
- 18th May 2011 Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
- 19th May 2011 Glasgow SECC
- 21st May 2011 Birmingham LG Arena
- 22nd May 2011 Nottingham Capital FM Arena
- 23rd May 2011 Liverpool Echo Arena
- 28th May 2011 London The O2 Arena
- 30th May 2011 Brighton Centre
- 31st May 2011 Bournemouth International Centre
- 1st June 2011 Cardiff International Arena
- 3rd June 2011 Manchester MEN Arena
- 4th June 2011 Sheffield Motorpoint Arena